The Harkey Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Siloam Springs... Where Jesus Is Lord

Have you seen that sign as you enter the Siloam Springs city limits? Boy, that's good to know that Jesus is Lord over Siloam Springs! Does that mean that He isn't lord over some other places?!?

I drove over to Siloam today to speak in Mickey Rapier's JBU class - History and Philosophy of Worship. He has asked me to come over several times in the past year to speak to various classes he teaches on worship. It was a small class of 8 people. I told my story (which I guess would be my history of worship) and shared about why and how I do what I do (that would be the philosophy of worship). It was a good time.

I had one lingering thought as I left. Was I that young when I was in college? I guess I'm just getting old because some of those students looked like kids to me. Of course, some of you reading this are saying "yes, Brett, you're old." Some others of you are saying "you don't even know what old is."

All I know is that sometimes my knees creak when I'm getting up off of the floor after a wrestle session with my 2 girls.

2 Comments:

  • That sign has been there for years, and every time I mention Siloam Springs, I have to throw in the tagline "Where Jesus Is Lord". And it's best done with a "Fletch as the Evangelist Healer" voice and flare.

    Just ask Nate McGooden...Siloam Springs is "God's Country".

    By Blogger John Nelson, at 8:38 AM  

  • Jesus is Lord of all, but he especially likes God's Country. It's hard to explain to foreigners but it is true. Hopefully everyone can experience it sometime.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home