The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

No tortillas, pass the turkey

So, I'm not going on Mission to Mexico this year. It was a long, hard decision, but after Elise and I spent some significant time working through our calendar (master's degree required), we realized that it just wasn't going to work. Too much work makes Brett an angry boy. It's quite the downer because I won't get to hang with my boys, Dasun, Scott and Stuart. We would have had a killer time. Now they will go and have a killer time without me.

However, I am leading a mission trip to Turkey at the end of May. That should be a new, exciting adventure. I'm hoping to swim in the Mediteranean and take some splendid photos.

Speaking of photos, I am selling my film camera (Canon Elan 7E) on Ebay as we speak. If you want to buy it, you'd better hurry. I've finally got enough money saved up to go Digital SLR and I'm getting the Canon EOS-20d. 8.3 Megapixels of glorious photogadgetry. Very nice, indeed. Now finally I can do something about those pictures I over/underexposed and I can see what the heck my pictures look like without having to wait several days to get prints back. Hopefully I'll have some gems to share soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home