The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The blahs (not to be confused with the blogs)

Ever go through a period where life is just a little gray? The blahs? That's kind of where I am right now. I'm not sure why, but I think I tend to go through this every year around this time. Maybe it's the lack of sunshine or something.

Maybe it's that I haven't breathed any mountain air in too long. I may have to remedy that. Trying to figure out some way to get to the cold white stuff so I can strap a snowboard on my feet.

4 Comments:

  • i've experienced many blahs..only my season happens yearly in the months of november and december. my only suggestion is to give yourself "me" time..and a little R&R...whatever that may be. the snowboarding sounds awesome. I just got back from a short personal break..and it has done me worlds of good. i hope you find "rest" somewhere....the wilderness is always a good start...place where you can reflect and get rid of all the "noise" that is generated from our routine lives you know?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • aahh, cabin fever . . . you know . . there's always light therapy if it gets bad enough :) or Colorado.

    By Blogger shauna, at 8:50 AM  

  • I feel the same way right now, but I refer to it as a "funk". My joy just seems to be running low. It's like my joy antibodies can't fight off the "unjoy" virus that 's hitting me.

    By Blogger John Nelson, at 9:10 AM  

  • The white stuff did wonders for my spirit a couple of weeks ago...although my time there was too short. Next year I am planning a whole week some time in late January or in February. I will never put a pair of skis on my feet again! The board is the bomb. I got some good video footage of the mountains and white stuff if you need a little therapy via the TV screen. I think the men's retreat will be good though. Maybe we need to pray for snow here?

    By Blogger jlo, at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home