The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Help us get a free iPod for Elise (and get one of your own)

So there's this website called www.FreeiPods.com that gives away free iPods. I know what you're thinking... it's a scam. BUT IT ISN'T.

How do they do it, you ask? Well it works like this: you sign up and select from 1 of 20 offers to activate your account. About half of the offers are credit cards, but the rest are things like Columbia House, Ink Cartridges for your printer, etc. (I did the Ink Cartridges for my printer). Then you refer 5 of your friends to do the same thing. Once all 5 people complete their offer, then you get a free new 20GB iPod!!! I was referred by Kent Hodskins, who is working at getting his iPod (I think he only needs 1 more person). He was referred by Keith Warford, who just received his new iPod a couple of weeks ago. Then each of my 5 friends can refer 5 of their friends to do the same thing. What happens is all of those companies like Columbia House pay www.FreeiPods.com to advertise their company. That's how they can afford to give away the free iPod.

So, I'm doing it to get a free iPod for Elise to use in her car so she can have all of the kids' music and her own as well.

If you'd like to help me (and do it for yourself), then click on this link (you have to use this link for me to get the credit):

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=12481615

After you choose one offer and fulfill it, it takes up to 15 days for me to get credit for it. After I get 5 people, then here comes the free iPod... and you can get one for yourself as well!

9 Comments:

  • hmmm...deja vu? where I have seen this before. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

  • Yeah, you got an email from me as well. When it comes to free stuff, it never hurts to cover your bases.

    By Blogger Brett, at 10:40 AM  

  • Of course, none of should feel OBLIGATED to be a part of this. Only do it if one of the offers works for you and if you are interested in getting an iPod for yourself.

    By Blogger Brett, at 10:41 AM  

  • stu is desperate to get an ipod.

    By Blogger shauna, at 10:47 AM  

  • This might just be the ticket for 'ol Stu!

    By Blogger Brett, at 10:57 AM  

  • I tried this back in October (I think). I had three people, and two more ready to go. One signed up, completed the offer, and they never gave him credit. No one else tried after that. End of story. Good luck... I'd help, but I've already signed up.

    By Blogger Seth Gunderson, at 11:06 AM  

  • Hey Seth. Yeah, I was extremely skeptical until I actually saw one that Keith got. Several people around here have seen it, so now there's a little bit of iPod fever going around.

    I have a 40G of my own that Elise's parent's gave me a little over a year ago, or I'd be doing it for myself too.

    By Blogger Brett, at 4:08 PM  

  • I just saw this: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/ipod/freeipodscom-loses-truste-032672.php

    So... if you don't care about getting TONS of spam (like I did, and shouldn't have), then go for it. ;)

    By Blogger Seth Gunderson, at 8:25 AM  

  • Weird, I haven't gotten any spam (at least any more then usual) and I joined several months ago.

    Of course, virtually all of my spam comes to my email address with my service provider (Cox). I don't really get any at my primary email address.

    And the nice thing about MS Outlook 2003 is that it conveniently moves all of that spam into my junk mail folder. Wait a second... did I just say "the nice thing about..." and mention a microsoft product?

    By Blogger Brett, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home