The Harkey Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2005

A Great Saturday

Yesterday was a great day. I started my day at NU U Day Spa with a "relax" spa package. I received a gift certificate from NU U back in March (before anyone knew I was pregnant) for some work that I had done for The Grove. I saved my certificate for just the right time--3 weeks before my due date.

I had an aromabath, starting reading an interesting new book, "The Next Christendom", received a facial and had a 50 minute massage. Boy did I need that massage! I had been having alot of shoulder and neck pain for about 5 days prior to Saturday, so again, the timing could not have been more perfect. Virginia asked me what was my favorite part of the spa package, and I have to definitely say the massage is the best part. So, if you have to choose just one, always go for that.

After the aromabath, it seemed like I was waiting for a long time. I didn't really know what came next in the agenda, so I just sat there for a while, then I looked around the place for some water to drink. Finally, I found a lady to get me a cup for water, so at least I knew they hadn't forgotten about me. I found out later that the lady who gives the facials was running behind, so that is why I had to wait so long. BUT to make up for my wait, she gave me a gift certificate for another 1 hour and 15 minute facial (valued much more than the mini-facial I got yesterday). Sweet.

After I finished my massage and got dressed, my two silly (in a good way) friends, Stacey and Virginia barged into the bathroom and kidnapped me. They had toy guns and everything. It was funny. They blindfolded me and drove me to Powerhouse for a gathering with some friends from the Grove. (They made me listen to country music on the way there!) The group of friends treated me to lunch, brought wipes and diapers for the new baby and gave me a gift certificate to get a manicure and a pedicure. We closed our time together with prayer for Baby Harkey and our family. What a sweet surprise and blessing! I am grateful to have such thoughful friends to celebrate with me.

After I went home and hung out with Brett and the girls, I had to take a nap. Even though it was fun, all that activity was tiring for a pregnant lady! :) That afternoon, Brett, Maitlyn, Elspeth and I went to Sears and Lowe's to buy a new dishwasher since our old one died. Later, Virginia came over to watch Maitlyn and Elspeth so that Brett and I could work on baby names (something we desperately needed to do). Thanks, Virginia. We made lots of progress!

So, there's my great Saturday. Thanks friends!!!

1 Comments:

  • We enjoyed spending time with you on Saturday. I can't wait to see little Harkey.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home