The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Insomnia

For several nights lately, I have had a hard time going to sleep.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a night owl. I have always been wired this way. When I was a kid I would hide under the sheets and read books with a flashlight. But when I finally do go to bed, I usually have no trouble going to sleep within moments. Until lately.

It started a few weeks ago when Jason, Spencer and I were going to the Buffalo National river really early in the morning to shoot photos. That night I went to bed at Midnight and couldn't fall asleep until 2:30. I had to wake up at 4:15. Then again, a few nights ago, I went to bed and just laid there for about 1.5 hours before I could fall asleep. Again, last night I couldn't sleep. I just laid there in bed listening to the thunder and watching the lightning from the storm.

The real problem is that the next day I end up feeling like a zombie. Exhausted.

I don't know what's up with my internal clock.

6 Comments:

  • hmmm . . . .

    i've had somewhat the opposite problem lately. i've been sleeping like a ROCK and cannot wake up the next morning. i missed my alarm twice this week and was almost late for work.

    By Blogger shauna, at 8:41 AM  

  • I wonder if it has something to do with the whether??? I've been haveing a HORRIBLE time trying to sleep...and if you ask Justin, he'll tell you that I'm always out before my head hits the pillow. My record time was 6 seconds and I was snoring. NO LIE!

    ...or maybe I'm having a hard time because Justins gone.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 10:10 AM  

  • maybe you should get "organized" like maitlyn does before she goes to bed. it works lovely for her.

    By Blogger *g*, at 4:26 PM  

  • I keep trying that... maybe it's because no one reads me stories before I go to bed.

    By Blogger Brett, at 5:04 PM  

  • I know what the problem is... Its because you wont buy my bird-feeders!! Or you just wonder how im doing all the time.

    By Blogger Brian Hirschy, at 12:30 PM  

  • That's it!

    By Blogger Brett, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home