The Harkey Blog

Friday, July 29, 2005

A bit of Colorado

A few weeks ago, our family traveled to Colorado for vacation. I plan on writing more about our trip in a later blog post, but I thought I'd share one picture from our trip.

This is in one of our favorite spots in downtown Estes Park. There is a park behind the main street (Elkhorn Avenue) where the Big Thompson River and the Roaring River join and they have all of these cool areas for kids to play in the water. It is a very relaxing area. I coaxed Elspeth out onto this rock and surprisingly, she posed for me to shoot some pictures.

I added a little glow and some grain to give this picture an earthy yet ethereal feeling.

10 Comments:

  • Ah yes...and there's a Starbuck's that backs up to to river, too. What a wonderful, wonderful place.

    Sweet picture...I really need to get a "real" digital camera so I can take quality photos, too.

    By Blogger John Nelson, at 3:57 PM  

  • That Starbuck's is one of our favorite places. Oh, to sit out on the back patio with a hot white chocolate mocha in hand while listening to the sounds of the Big Thompson River...

    By Blogger Brett, at 12:30 AM  

  • To add on to many a person's past compliments...Brett you're an awesome photographer.

    By Blogger James Miller, at 2:43 AM  

  • stick that on shutterfly..that one's a keeper. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

  • I think it's the Fall River and the Big Thompson. Isn't that right?

    By Blogger Elise, at 10:45 AM  

  • wow, what a cutie-pie!

    By Blogger shauna, at 12:47 PM  

  • now that i think of it, you know who Elspeth looks like?? Chris & Gwyneth Martin's little girl - except older.

    By Blogger shauna, at 4:03 PM  

  • I see London, I see France....

    By Blogger Spencer, at 9:25 AM  

  • Unfortunately, that doesn't rhyme with "diaper".

    By Blogger Brett, at 11:43 AM  

  • And yes, Elise. It is the Fall River and the Big Thompson. I forgot that the Roaring River flows into the Big Thompson.

    By Blogger Brett, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home