The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Maitlyn the Artist



Maitlyn loves art. Every day she asks to color, paint or draw. She was a little bit sick on Sunday, so Elise brought her to the worship gathering of The Grove on Sunday (so she wouldn't get the other kids sick in the Greenhouse). We offered the opportunity during the service for people to create artistically on canvases around the room as a form of worship. Maitlyn didn't particpate then. However, after the service, I was talking with her and her eyes were fixed on one of the canvases. I asked her if she wanted to paint and she nodded her head while never removing her eyes from the canvas. I talked to her about how she should paint a picture for God telling Him how much she loves Him and she jumped right in and started painting.

I thought this picture captured the moment well. Good thing I had my camera.

3 Comments:

  • Thanks guys, for all of the comments you left. Somehow I accidentally deleted all of them! Sorry...

    By Blogger Brett, at 11:20 PM  

  • GOSH...IDIOT!

    By Blogger Spencer, at 6:54 AM  

  • Worst Day Of My Life!

    quit blogging with the numchucks, man!

    By Blogger Grant, at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home