The Harkey Blog

Monday, March 07, 2005

Teachy

I taught tonight at The Grove.

Teaching is and interesting proposition for me. I feel like I do a pretty good job. However, it seems like it takes a lot out of me to do it. This past week I had to work hard at preparing and getting ready. That may happen just because those "muscles" aren't in very good shape and it just takes me longer to prepare than it would if I taught more regularly (I teach about once every 3 months at The Grove). Or maybe it is something I CAN do but it isn't a part of my natural gifting. If that's the case, then I just have to live with the fact that I have to work at it more when I do it.

Anyway, in the end I felt pretty good about it.

I'm pretty excited about an upcoming backpacking trip. Elise and I (and whoever else is interested) are going backpacking sometime between March 17-21. I don't know the exact days or exact place yet, but I'm excited nonetheless. We'll probably go somewhere near the Buffalo River or maybe on the Ozark Highlands Trail. I'm just hoping that the weather stays nice. I'm getting a pretty nice dividend back from REI this year, so I'll probably buy a new piece of gear or two before the trip. I've been wanting a new canister stove for a while. I've had my eyes on the SnowPeak Giga Power, but I'll probably do some research before I decide.

It should be a great excuse to use my camera as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home