The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I've become one of them...

That's right. I'm now one of them. The anti-Microsoft (Xbox excluded).

I've sword off Internet Explorer. I got angry with how long it took me to update Windows XP AFTER I installed it (Service Pack 2, etc, etc, etc, etc).

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not thinking of going out and buying a new white plastic or titanium computer like someone I know. At this moment I can't afford one and it would be too much work to convert myself, my files and my programs BACK to Steve Jobs and Co. (that's right, I was an Apple guy until about 2001). And I'm not thinking of installing Linux like someone else I know. I don't care if they call it red hat, blue hat, old hat, new hat. I'm not going to run some system software built by a bunch of communists (I just had to throw that in there to stir the waters a bit).

But I am thinking of some sort of backup solution for the next time this happens to me...

3 Comments:

  • just give it time Brett. Now that I think about it, my first computer ever was an apple. It had a color screen, either green and black or tan and black. All a big circle of technology. Apple is calling. Just be patient.

    By Blogger Jason, at 12:16 PM  

  • Don't give in to the Dark Side (again), Brett!!!


    Of course, I just saw Miller's PowerBook 17", and I must say, I have computer-envy now...regardless of the OS. It's pretty.

    By Blogger John Nelson, at 12:37 PM  

  • Ro, just wait until Microsoft goes under and everyone has to start using Macs / Linux. Then all the hackers will only have Macs to go after. It's not a question of which is better. It's only a question of who the hackers prefer to mess with. Because Macs / Linux are so small, it's no fun to hack them. Macs will get their viruses and their OS problems. The mac-heads are just too googlie-eyed with asthetics to care. Their brainwashed.

    By Blogger John Nelson, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home