The Harkey Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Worshipful Experience

So, I really enjoyed worship on Sunday at The Grove. I admit, I am a bit biased, but I was really caught up in the experience of singing those worshipful carols in new ways. I was moved by the intense beauty of it all--the music, the art, and the video. . .Did you happen to catch the very end of the video that was shown after Kent's talk? There was a baby in a manger, but because of the camera angle, all you could see was this chubby little baby foot sticking out. God reminded me that that little baby's foot, my little Savior's foot, was pierced for my sins. The horror of it overwhelmed me. The beautiful baby that we worship at Christmastime became a disfigured man, beaten until he was unrecognizable. For me and mostly for His glory. What more can I say?

1 Comments:

  • I agree with you Elise, last week was pretty awesome. I needed it. I am looking forward to this next Sunday as well.

    I was wanting to tell Brett I thought of a new way to sing "Away in a Manger", but I missed him, so maybe you can pass this on. I was driving in my car one day, not at Christmas, and somehow the words to Away in a Manger got put in my head to the tune of "Flow Gently Sweet Afton" by Nickle Creek. It sounds really cool and if I could play the guitar I would figure out how to play it. See what Brett thinks.

    By the way. Thanks for putting me in contact with Jody. She is helping us get our tickets as well for the medical trip. I have to to see patients now, so have a great day.

    By Blogger jlo, at 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home