The Harkey Blog

Monday, February 27, 2006

Sunsets and Sushi

Tonight, during dinner I noticed that there were some hints of color in the sky. We can't really see the sky very well from our house, which kinda stinks, so when I can actually see color out the windows, it means it will probably be a really pretty sunset. So I grabbed my camera bag and rushed out the door. As I drove down the hill, the sky was bright orange as the sun began to set and I didn't think I was going to make it to a nice spot in time to capture the color. I kept driving and saw a lone tree in a field that would make a good foreground subject just across from the 112 drive-in, so I pulled over, grabbed my camera, tripod and a couple of lenses and darted across the road to shoot.

Wow, was the color in the sky amazing! I stayed there for about 30 minutes and shot away. There were amazing oranges, reds, blues, pinks and purples. As I was capturing this beautiful scene I was reminded that this majestic sunset is but a sign that points to an almighty majestic God.

Here is one of the images:


You can check out more shots at my flickr site.

You can also check out a vivid description of the sunset at Jennifer's blog.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home