The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Shadows and Tall Trees

So, for some reason, I just can't get back in the swing of posting frequently to my blog...

Most of the staff from The Grove have now made it a regular thing to eat at Qdoba for lunch on Tuesdays. You see, they have this amazing deal: you buy a $15 Qdoba T-Shirt and every Tuesday if you wear it into the restaurant, you get a free entree. 3 lunches later, it pays for itself and you're eating free, baby!

So, yesterday, after we walked back to the office after lunch, I noticed these beautiful Gerbera Daisies that Jennifer Reeves had placed in the vase. Jennifer serves us by cleaning our offices each week and she often puts nice little touches around the office like fresh flowers or tasty treats. I was so struck by the beauty of these flowers, I went out to my car to grab my camera bag and started shooting away. About an hour later, I ended up with some nice shots.

This is one of them.

If you'd like to see more, just go to my Flickr site.

On an unrelated note... I've been listening to U2 a lot lately. I go through phases where I listen to them exclusively for weeks on end and then phases where I don't listen to them at all.

Of course, any diehard U2 fan would've recognized the song reference in the title of this blog.

And for a final unrelated note... the men's retreat was awesome. It was great to learn, worship, play and laugh with so many great guys from The Grove. I especially enjoyed spending time with the guys from my Community Group. It's pretty amazing how God has knit each of us together over the past several years.

And, of course, the Hot Pockets rule the Poker tables.

7 Comments:

  • Welcome back to blogsphere!!! Get off your lazy bum and start writing more!!! hahaha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM  

  • Harkey, don't you ever doubt me again. If I say Wilco's coming, they're coming by-gosh.

    No, I'm just kidding. I'm trying to buy tickets on Wilco's site Monday morning.

    Plus, did you see the Bonnaroo lineup? Let's just say it includes the first US performance since 2004 of a little band called Radiohead.

    Miller
    (quaxrep)

    By Blogger James Miller, at 2:20 PM  

  • Those are really beautiful photos. I have always loved gerber daisies. They'd make great prints for a wall...of course, most all of your stuff would!

    By Blogger Kristy, at 3:17 PM  

  • James, I'm planning on buying Wilco tickets on Monday also. And I can't wait for Radiohead album and tour.

    Kristy, thanks for your kind words about my photos.

    Grant, thanks for caring.

    Word Verification: frguvpup
    Translation: For Removing Good Ulcers, Vernon, Perhaps Upchuck Peppers.

    By Blogger Brett, at 3:36 PM  

  • yes, great pictures. always.

    By Blogger shauna, at 2:56 PM  

  • Thanks, Shauna!


    Word Verification: tepxfn
    Translation: The Extra Purple Xylophone Felt New

    By Blogger Brett, at 2:59 PM  

  • True U2 fans have a black and red ipod. That's all I'm sayin'...

    By Blogger Dr. A, at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home