The Harkey Blog

Friday, August 27, 2004

A Seinfeldian moment

So, as you read below, I got to have a personal day today. To me, a good personal day is all about alone time (one thing that I don't get much of as a mom of young kids). I spent time reading: my Bible, L'Abri (which I'm still trying to finish) and a bit of A Well-Educated Mind. I also clicked around on my PDA quite a bit, trying to get the next week or so organized, if that's even possible. I hung out for a while at Barnes and Noble, and that's where I had my Seinfeldian moment.

After lunch (Applebee's WW menu--okay, but pricey for what you get), I brought in my L'Abri book and sat in a comfy Barnes & Noble chair to read for a while. Then I decided it was about time to head home and join my family. I stopped by the restroom on my way out since I'd had quite a few refills of Diet Coke. I took my book, my cell phone/PDA and my keys into the restroom with me. I set them on the little ladies trash can while I was in the stall. Then I gathered my things and proceeded to the sink to wash my hands. I stacked my book, cell phone and keys on a dry place on the counter, washed my hands, and then it happened. I caught someone looking at me in the mirror. I glanced away and continued to wash. She caught my eye again and asked, "Is that YOUR book?" Ahhhh. . .she was a store employee. Of course it was my book, but I wondered what her next words would have been if I had answered, "No." Does Barnes and Noble have a "You take it to the bathroom, you buy it" policy? Only a Seinfeld episode could possibly answer that question.

1 Comments:

  • good work elise... it's your first blog, right? fun! at first i was reading it thinking it was brett talking and i thought, "oh no, brett went in the girl's restroom!"

    By Blogger Jaime, at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home