The Harkey Blog

Monday, August 02, 2004

So it's about time I start blogging

So, I've been planning on starting my blog for quite some time now. Why haven't I started it until now, you ask? Well, you know... life is busy, blah, blah, blah. So here I go. Sometimes the best way to start something is just to start.

For the most part, we've finally settled back down into "regular life" back in Arkansas (we were in Colorado for 5 weeks this summer). This week, I'm taking Maitlyn to swim lessons each morning (except for Tuesday... staff meetings...), and getting ready to leave on the Mantrip. Mantrip is a week long backpacking trip to southwestern Colorado. What is it about the mountains that continues to draw me? It's like they're magnetic and I'm a big piece of iron. My soul just finds its rest there. In fact, Elise and I are planning another trip at the end of September to see the aspen trees change. It will be her first backpacking experience. We've dayhiked plenty of times together, she's just never been out overnight with me. I think we're planning on Rocky Mountain National Park since we have friends in Estes Park that we can probably stay with on the way up and on the way back. The great thing is that we have all the gear we need and Elise will only have to borrow a pack.

Enough about the mountains. I could go on for days. Anyway, welcome to the Harkey Blog!

1 Comments:

  • well well well, good to see you have joined the wonderful blog culture. Look forward to seeing some great posts.

    By Blogger Jason, at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home