The Harkey Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Vocation

My vocation is husband-lover, child-lover and home-worker. I am to fulfill that vocation while exhibiting self-control, staying pure, being kind and submitting to Brett. While that sounds old-fashioned to most, it's orthodox. It's the teaching of God's Word (See Titus 2). And so that God's word "may not be reviled", this is the vocation I have chosen.

This vocation is more than enough to challenge me. It's the most important calling to which I could devote myself. And as I become older and wiser, I hope to encourage other women to embrace this calling too, no matter how counter-cultural it seems.

1 Comments:

  • Well, you encourage me! I feel like I have been such a grumpy mom lately. I love that you are blogging again. Reading your words spurs me on. LOVE YOU!

    By Blogger Chris and Carrie, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home