The Harkey Blog

Thursday, January 07, 2010

On my Bookshelf

My friend, Virginia, posted on her blog about books she read in 2009. I read it, then I racked my brain to remember what I read last year. I know I did read--lots of books and parts of books, and a lot of children's books. I need to be better about setting aside time for my own personal reading.

Anyway, this is not an exhaustive list, but I did read The Help, The China Study, In Defense of Food, part of Parenting with Love and Logic (want to get back to that one), a quick skimming of Late, Lost and Unprepared (need to re-check that too), Crazy Love. And I truly enjoyed listening to The Witch of Blackbird Pond audiobook with my kids.

This year, first on my list are Three Cups of Tea, given to me by my Mother-in-Law for Christmas, The Paradox of Choice and Making it All Work. I'd love to read A Thousand Splendid Suns, too, but I'll have to gear up for that one.

I am super excited about youversion.com 's Bible Reading plans. I have chosen the chronological plan from their website, and I have it set up on my RSS feed reader. So far, this has worked amazingly well for me. I am already checking my RSS feeds each day and my Bible reading assignment shows up there, just waiting to be read. This incorporates Bible reading into an already existing habit of my life. Perfect.

3 Comments:

  • Elise, how is life any news on the house? I have been uplifting it!

    By Blogger Kathryn, at 10:50 PM  

  • Kathryn, We've had 2 showings within this past week. I am praying for an offer by my birthday--1/26

    By Blogger Elise, at 3:50 PM  

  • I'll continue to uplift it!

    By Blogger Kathryn, at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home