The Harkey Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2005

God's Presence

Since Brett has been gone (for the past two weeks) I have really sensed God's presence in a unique way. I was really dreading his being away, and I didn't know if I could make it for two weeks without his help--especially with 2 kids and one on the way. Besides that, I knew that I would miss him terribly.

Well, of course I missed him, but God really took care of the Harkey girls while Brett was away. First of all, He protected Maitlyn and Elspeth from injury when a big chest of drawers fell on top of them. Then He provided a friend to come over and help me to lift the chest back into place and bolt it to the wall for me. God also provided the fellowship and support we needed throughout the two weeks. We had fun with friends from community group, dinner guests and playdates. Some gracious friends even watched the kids for me so that I could run errands, get my haircut and go to the dentist. And I know that many friends were praying for me and the girls during this time. All of this was the Body of Christ at work serving and ministering to me and my family. I am tremendously grateful. Like I said, I did miss Brett, but I feel that I was cared for by people who were motivated by the love of Christ. We are truly blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home