The Harkey Blog

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Starting to feel like autumn

It's a strange phenomenon. The high yesterday was 79 degrees, but for some reason it suddenly felt like autumn. I'm not really sure why. I mean, we spent a total of 5 weeks in Colorado this summer and our daytime highs were regularly around 79 and our lows were often in the 40's. But it never felt like autumn when we were there. Someone said they thought it was because we had low humidity yesterday. But, of course, our time in Colorado was marked by low humidity. Is it because the sun is in a different place in the sky? Is it because the trees smell a certain way this time of year? Is it all completely in my head?

I'd love to hear your opinion... if you even have one.

2 Comments:

  • Brett, I totally feel you on this one. Walking out of work today I felt the sun on me but also felt a chill of some sorts. I love it. Fall is arriving.

    By Blogger Jason, at 8:34 PM  

  • Yeah...well..I like it hot...well bearably hot...I'm not a fan of cold weather...I love the fall colors...but not the upcoming winter. As long as I can wear open-toed shoes/sandals and maybe have a light jacket i'm all good....but come winter..i'll be in my stuff puff black marshmallow jacket wrapped up like one big sushi roll. as for the direction of the sun...it does make a difference...but perhaps it's also a stigma that we have for the month and this part of the year...in our heads...we all know autumn is coming..no matter how we try to convince ourselves otherwise. however cooler weather makes for less mosquitoes. thank goodness..i'm gonna die of skin cancer one day b/c of the chemicals i put on myself to keep the buggies away

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home